"Be kind. Be patient. Be generous. Be accepting. But most of all, be all of these things to yourself."
Have you taken time out lately for the most important person in your life - YOU?
Simply put, self-care means taking care of and improving yourself. Whether it’s spiritually, mentally, physically, or emotionally... self-care is imperative to your well being.
Here are 20 ideas to incorporate self-care into your busy routine:
1. Take a bubble bath while listening to your favorite music.
2. Let go of worry.
3. Smile more.
4. Keep a gratitude journal.
5. Eat and sleep well.
6. Spend quality time with loved ones.
7. Take deep breaths throughout the day.
8. Order a new book and read for pleasure.
9. Eat a spoonful of honey. (There are numerous health benefits of honey!)
10. Go for a walk outside, even if it's just for 10-15 minutes.
11. Plan an adventure. Book that trip you've been dreaming of.
12. Buy beautiful fresh flowers for yourself.
13. Listen to relaxing meditation music.
14. Retail therapy! Treat yourself to a new piece of ethical jewelry. (These bracelets, necklaces, and earrings give back to important causes.)
15. Set screen time limits...for yourself.
16. Try something new, that you’ve never done before.
17. Celebrate your efforts, not your outcome.
18. Practice genuine kindness.
19. Be grateful for all of the blessings that you already have.
20. Sit and watch the clouds or a beautiful sunset/sunrise.
Self-Care is Essential To Your Well Being
Knowing the importance of self-care and taking the time to do simple things for yourself each day will help improve your life! Try making a self-care "to-do" list for yourself. Acknowledging that you have the control to heal your mind, soul, and body will help you feel empowered.
Go ahead and take charge of your own well-being and happiness, your body and mind will thank you.
Live Simply Inspired
Practice these tips to create a confident, happy, and positive life for yourself! #LiveSimplyInspired